Raynham Center Water District was established by
an Act of the Massachusetts State Legislature in
the year 1947. This act set the original
boundaries of the district and also granted
elected water commissioners to oversee the
district. Specific sections of the Act give the
district the rights of eminent domain, taxation,
and the setting of fees and water rates.
Street standpipe was erected in 1947 and the now
abandoned Johnson Street well went on line in
1962. Before then the district purchased all
its’ water from the city of Taunton.
years as the district grew, a new standpipe on
Locust Street was built, (1974) and the district
now has 3 treatment plants and 10 wells
supplying safe drinking water and fire
protection for all district residents.